[Dixielandjazz] Re: Chords

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun May 22 15:55:26 PDT 2005

Dear Bill,
I assume that you mean the big hit for Dean Martin in 1964.
Written in 1948 by Irving Taylor (lyrics) and Sam Coslow, but credited to
Ken Lane (music). Originally recorded by Frank Sinatra in 1958.
I do not have the chords, but the above information may give some helpful
listmate a clue as to where to find them for you.Not in the Anderson Fake
Book, so far as I could find.
Kind regards,
Bill.

"Everybody Loves Somebody Sometime."
(Frank Sinatra version)

Everybody loves somebody sometime
Everybody falls in love somehow
Something in your kiss just told me
(That) My sometime is now
Everybody finds somebody someplace
There's no telling where love may appear
Something in my heart keeps saying
(That) My someplace is here
If I had it in my power
I'd arrange for every girl to have your charm
Then every minute, every hour
Every boy would find what I've found in your arms
Everybody loves somebody sometime
And although my dream was overdue
Your love made it well worth waiting
For someone like you

And the Parody

"Everybody Picks Their Nose"

Everybody picks their nose, at sometime
Everybody takes a dig or two
When you're stuck with stuffy sinus,
What else can you do?
Everybody does the nasty, sometime
Even while they're in a public place
The crudest dude might say, "Bad Manners"
But, hey...it's your face!
Sure we try to keep it subtle
No-one wants to be considered that uncouth
But who of us could give a good rebuttal,
Confronted with this argument of truth?
Everybody Picks Their Nose, at sometime
One thing that just must be done, somehow
I'm pretty sure that no-one's looking,
So, my sometime is now...