[Dixielandjazz] Stage Business

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed May 18 07:08:29 PDT 2005

Henry Mason at hcmsjo at gmail.com wrote: (polite snip)

> Many thanks Steve  . . . what you said about connecting with the
> audience will go a long way. . . .  . I would love to hear more from you
> about this topic and I would bet that some of our listmates may have
> some  tricks (probably not many) that you haven't thought of.
>
> I love the bit with the beads,  that would certainly wake up a young crowd.

Ha Ha, thanks Henry, but the long suffering members of the DJML have heard
numerous times about what we do to work 160+ gigs a year. (200+ this year)
They probably tune me out these days.

Under separate email, I am sending you a nine page marketing paper about how
we attract and connect with younger audiences. Hope you enjoy it. If you
design a similar program for your band, you will succeed beyond your wildest
dreams with small band OKOM.

Proof? We are playing for a high school graduation party this Sunday. Full
Dixieland Band. The girls heard us at a previous High School Concert, and at
some street fairs and INSISTED that their parents book US rather than some
other band.

Any  DJMLer in the area is welcome to see us at 12:30 to 3:30 PM. Hartefeld
Country Club, Off Route 41 in Avondale PA (Near Wilmington DE). We'll be
working our usual magic with OKOM with a primary audience of 18 year old
kids and their parents.

However, don't look for us at OKOM Festivals. We choose not to take a pay
cut from a much more profitable weekends at home, in order to visit an Old
Folks venue some 2500  miles away. :-) VBG.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone