[Dixielandjazz] Songs For Retirement Homes

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed May 11 20:01:43 PDT 2005

List mates:

We've been having some success reprising songs from 50 years ago that were
made famous by the popular artists of the day. Also extends our song list as
well as connects with the audience.

But don't ask list mates for the charts or sheet music. They are all readily
available at your local music store. If we quit buying sheet music, they'll
quit publishing it and slowly but surely, the "right" changes/words, etc.
will be lost.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

Bobby Darin      Splish, Splash, I Was Havin' a Flash

Roberta Flack    The First Time Ever I Forgot Your Face

Paul Simon       Fifty Ways to Lose Your Liver

Commodores       Once, Twice, Three Times to the Bathroom

Marvin Gaye      I Heard it Through the Grape Nuts

Procol Harem     A Whiter Shade of Hair

Leo Sayer        You Make Me Feel Like Napping

The Temptations  Papa's Got a Kidney Stone

Abba             Denture Queen

Tony Orlando     Knock 3 Times on the Ceiling if you Hear Me Fall

Helen Reddy      I Am Woman, Hear Me Snore

Willie Nelson    On the Throne Again

Leslie Gore      It's My Procedure and I'll Cry if I Want To

Ringo Starr      I Get By With a Little Help from Depends

Herman's Hermits Mrs. Brown, You've Got a Lovely Walker

The Bee Gees     How Can You Mend a Broken Hip

Johnny Nash      I Can't See Clearly Now