[Dixielandjazz] FW: "As Time Goes By"

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Tue May 10 21:03:02 PDT 2005

In a message dated 5/10/05 8:43:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
sbrager at socal.rr.com writes:

> Thank you once again, Bill. This was a well-written article and it's
> inclusion
> in the DJML is proper.
>
> I've always been fond of "As Time Goes By"
> although I was only 7 when the movie was released. I've heard though that
> while Dooley Wilson was the pianist featured in the movie, it wasn't he who
> played the piano. Do you know the truth of this part of the "As Time..."
> story? If true, who was the pianist?
>
> Stan
> Stan Brager

Hi Stan and Bill"

I also appreciate the post by our esteemed mate Bill Haesler:

I could be wrong, and I am sure Bill will let me know if I am, but I thought
it might have been Hadda Brooks who was the lady at the piano with Bogie in
the movie.

I asked her once but don't now recall her answer,

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins