[Dixielandjazz] Music and it's aid

EDWIN COLTRIN boreda at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 10 19:00:34 PDT 2005

My late lady friend and I took her Mother and Father, an advancing Alzheimers and Parkinsons patient on  a Cruise. One evening when a Conga line started with the appropiate music, he bounded out of his wheel chair and entered the line. We had to stop him before he got to the ladder to go up to the next deck. His hobby had been a Square Dance Caller. But could never remember any words even when the music was played.

Ex- wife's stroke left her virtually speechless, except for a few cuss words, but would mouth words to music on the radio. Eventually she recovered to about 95%.

How goes the old adage " Music has charms to_______"

Slainte

Ye Olde Mouldy Fygge

Ed Coltrin