[Dixielandjazz] StreetBand list and BadAss Brass Tribe (Not exactly OKOM but maybe of interest to some)

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Mon May 9 11:26:05 PDT 2005

Hi All,

While doing research for my next radio special I just found out about
this YahooGroup:
group called Badass Brass
  ( http://baddassbrass.tribe.net/) . They are both focused on the new
energetic revival of brasswind "Street Performance" groups all over the
world. If you are interested in exploring "further out there" brass
music styles I think you will find both of these lists of interest.

New Orleans Brass Band styles are discussed, along with a lot of other
things. Probably Not for the TRADitionalists ;-)

Don't forget - my next special on KFJC ( www.kfjc.org ) will be on this
kind of music - Thursday May 19th 10am-2pm PDT

Dave Richoux
KFJC Jazz Parade