[Dixielandjazz] RV Parking at Sacramento

Don jdrobertson at att.net
Mon May 9 09:39:20 PDT 2005

Hi Jim,

We have been taking our RV to Cal Expo for many years now.  This works
out great for us, but since there are MANY rigs there, and it's not a
dedicated RV park, they string temporary power cables all over the
RVparking area.  They have always told us, via the handouts when we get
there, that the power is insufficient for air conditioners, particularly
if everyone ran theirs at once.  So I guess the bottom line is don't
expect to run your AC.  We have a small rig, 23' Toyota chassis, which
does have a moderate sized AC, but we have been hot and cold over the
years.  If it's hot we spend a lot of time in the hotel venues.
However, this year, unless there is a major change in the next 3 weeks,
it's not so apt to be really hot.  In fact it may still be raining.  One
year it rained like hell the whole weekend.  There are other RV parks in
and around Sacramento, but not served by shuttle busses.

Don Robertson
Napa, CA