[Dixielandjazz] RV Parking at Sacramento

Jim O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Sat May 7 18:55:59 PDT 2005

Have any of you ever used the RV Parking area at the CalExpo grounds for the
Sacramento Jazz Jubilee?

When we made reservations in early January, we were told that there we would
be in one of 100 sites that have both water and either 30 amp or 50 amp
electric hookups. But today we got a form letter saying that to have
electricity, we needed 150 feed of 14 gauge electric cord and a 15-amp plug.
With the possibility of high temperatures, we're really not interested in
going if we can't be comfortable, and 15 amps won't run one RV air
conditioner, much less both of them.

Can anyone shed more light on the exact situation regarding RV hookups --
that is, electrical amperage and water supply?

(If conditions turn out to be not as promised to me on the phone in January,
there may be a couple of four-day passes for sale!)

Jim O'Briant
Gilroy, CA