[Dixielandjazz] Paramount Jazz Band of Boston

l.swain at comcast.net l.swain at comcast.net
Sat May 7 10:54:11 PDT 2005

On 1 May 2005 at 19:00, Karen Brooks, Pacifica, CA wrote:

> I'm trying to get my sister, who lives on Cape Cod in MA, out to some trad jazz
> in her area. Have sent her the website for New Black Eagle Jazz Band, but can't
> find an active website for Paramount.   Does anybody have a
curent website that
> would show her the band's schedule and performance locations?
Thanks!

The Paramount had not played together for a few years before being
reconstituted to perform throughout Jazz in the Olympics in Port
Angeles, WA in mid-April of this year.

Carol and I attended and were pleased with the warm reception the
band, which includes three well-known Boston-area players (Jimmy
Mazzy, banjo, Robin Verdier, piano, and Jeff Hughes, cornet),
received.

The band does not perform regularly in the Boston/Cape Cod area.

We live north of the Cape, in Scituate, MA, and are fortunate to
have a nearby venue that features different trad jazz bands the
first three Sundays of each month, in Marshfield, MA, a not-
unreasonable drive from most places on the Cape.

The place is called the Bridgwaye (stet) Inn, and their Web site
includes a schedule of future bands (Upcoming Events) at

	http://www.bridgwayeinn.com

4-7 PM (6-9 in the summer), $10 cover, drinks and good food at
reasonable prices served during the performance.

Sometime in the next couple of years we'll be moving full-time to
the Cape (we have a seasonal property there now) and I, too, would
like to find trad jazz there.  One would think that there'd be lots
of it, given the demographic there (lots of old farts like me), but
I cannot seem to find much there at all.  Anyone got any info on
where to find trad jazz on the Cape?

Larry Swain

Laurence Swain
l.swain at comcast.net