[Dixielandjazz] Filling The Seats (maybe OT, maybe not) article in May 7th Billboard Magazine

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Thu May 5 17:18:59 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I noticed the latest issue of Billboard Magazine has an article about
Clear Channel's concert division. I have not had time to read it
completely but what I did see was sort of interesting - might apply to
some larger OKOM festivals too. They do not have the article on line
but a lot of public libraries subscribe and you can often find print
copies in stores like Tower Records.

On of the interesting snips was that they usually make more from
selling parking, drinks and souviners than from the actual act! (that
may be old news to some like Tom W ;-)

Anyway, it seemed worth looking into further.

Dave Richoux