[Dixielandjazz] Who says Young People Don't Like Old Fart Bands? (Dixiela...

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Wed May 4 21:36:30 PDT 2005

barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

> Also note that the Boilermakers, originally a George Lewis type Uptown New
> Orleans Band from Pittsburgh, have changed somewhat and are now very
> actively playing swing dances for College kids in Pennsylvania. Must be
> something in the water here. :-) VBG

Naw folks the truth of the matter is this:    After a very careful and
thorough marketing research program survey that I spent five minutes on I discovered
that the Amish community in Pennsylvania, has discovered Swing Dancing and
Jazz and are wholeheartedly embracing it.

Their young folks have been caught sneaking off the farms and taking long
buggy rides to swing dances to hear Barbone Street and the Boilermakers bands.
See what a few well placed flyers on farm fence posts can do for you, or
imprints on feed and seed bags.

Never underestimate the power of them Burma Shave signs on the interstate.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins  :))