[Dixielandjazz] Who says Young People Don't Like Old Fart Bands? (Dixieland that is)

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed May 4 20:20:41 PDT 2005

Myth #1:  Kids don't like OKOM.

Myth Buster #1: See below mail promo from 24 year old "Alex" who promotes
swing dances for his peers in the Trenton NJ area. He expects 150-200 kids
from 21 to 35 at this event. To dance and have a good time with OKOM and one
of the old fart bands in the area. (averaging 70 years old)

Hope I remember to take my camera, even though this event is in a Church and
there will be NO BOOZE.

Also note that the Boilermakers, originally a George Lewis type Uptown New
Orleans Band from Pittsburgh, have changed somewhat and are now very
actively playing swing dances for College kids in Pennsylvania. Must be
something in the water here. :-) VBG

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

It's the Return of Rhythm and Bugs
and the Countdown till Barbone Street Jazz Band!

We are truly honored to have such a experienced (just look below at who
they've played with!) band play for us, don't miss this opportunity to hear
hear truly great Jazz music appropriate for listeners and dancers alike!
All pertinent information is below, see you at the dance!

Alex
Rhythm and Bugs

New Jersey Jazz and Swing

Friday May 6, Barbone Street Jazz Band (PA.)
(members have played with Billie Holiday, Sidney Bechet, Lester Young,
Charlie Barnet, Louis Prima, Roy Eldridge, Buddy Rich, Ben Webster, Peggy
Lee and countless other jazz legends)

FREE Lindy Hop and Charleston Beginner Dance Lesson from 8pm - 9pm

LIVE music from 9pm - 11pm
DJed music during band breaks and afterwards until midnight

Location: St. Matthias Episcopal Church,
2200 Genesee St. Hamilton, N.J. 08610

General Admission: $15, FREE if you volunteer

For directions and further info go to http://www.rhythmandbugs.com
For more information on the band please go to:
http://www.barbonestreet.com

To volunteer, book your band or for all other inquiries email:
info at rhythmandbugs.com or call Alex at 609-240-1523