[Dixielandjazz] Playing For Pay

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Tue May 3 21:41:33 PDT 2005

barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

> Is it art? Is it Jazz? What are either of them? Meaningless questions with
> no firm answers anywhere except in one's own mind.
>
> The secure artist, couldn't care less about your or my accolades, or
> criticism,
> or likes or dislikes or judgments. After all, as an artist, he knows
> exactly what he is doing. Better yet, he didn't do it specifically for
> either of us so what we say about it means nothing, except for the care and
> feeding of our own egos.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve Barbone

I have a wonderful poster on my office wall of a dirty old man Flasher in a
raincoat with it open towards a nude female sculpture in a city plaza.

The caption on the poster says simply.

"EXPOSE YOURSELF TO ART"

Pretty much sums up my personal opinion of Art for Art's Sake.

Cheers,

Tom  "Artsy Fartsy"  Wiggins