[Dixielandjazz] An outstanding tuba solo

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Mon May 2 08:57:02 PDT 2005

Hi Bob...in three of my high school age youth bands, The Riverboat Rascals,
(Fred Garrison, tuba, whereabouts unknown), The Alley Cat's, (Lizi
Trowbridge, tuba, graduated from Berklee in Boston), and the Barkin' Dawg,
( Priscilla Ortega...now a junior Music Major at the University of The
Pacific...full scholarship)...all three played that famous clarinet solo on
tuba. Originally, I phoned the New Orleans Jazz Archives and they sent me a
handwritten lead sheet just like Alphonse Picou played it. (Maybe it was his
writing!) (It cost me 75¢ including postage!)
It's a real crowd-pleaser, to say the least! If you ever hear "Mr. Jack
Daniel's Original Silver Cornet Band", a cornet trio plays it in three-part
harmony.
Warm regards,
Bob Romans
Cell Block 7 Jazz Band