[Dixielandjazz] Re:What music do young people hear?

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon May 2 02:49:27 PDT 2005

> Louis A's Hot 5 Hot 7 records, as important as they are to us and the history
of jazz are just plain not relevant to the kids. And why should they
be? Heck, I didn't hear them myself until I was in my mid 20s and I had ben
playing Dixieland in a band for 5 years. I was too busy listening to his All
Stars, Eddie Condon, Pee Wee Erwin, Wilbur De Paris, and Conrad Janis, Pee
Wee Russell and Sidney Bechet LIVE.  Bix, ODJB, Picou, Bolden, etc
historical as they may be, are NOT RELEVANT TO KIDS . . . yet.<

Dear Steve,
Rubbish!
Perhaps you should have heard the amazing Louis' Hot 5s when you were 16,
like I did.
It certainly made me appreciate what Condon, Pee Wee Erwin, Wilbur De Paris,
Conrad Janis, Pee Wee Russell and Sidney Bechet where all about!
Kind regards,
Bill.