[Dixielandjazz] Paramount JB

Dick Miller Dick_Miller at pmug.org
Sun May 1 13:29:17 PDT 2005

Karen:

I spent last weekend making sure I didn't miss any Paramount JB sets at
the Jazz in the Olympics Festival in Port Angeles, WA, since I just can't
get enough of Jimmy Mazzy's fabulous banjo playing and enchanting vocals.
They have apparently been inactive for a while, and got back together for
the festival. It seems they're geographically scattered, with leader Ray
Smith somewhere in the Carolinas, and others in Mississippi and Arizona.
This may explain the lack of local gigs. Do check Jimmy Mazzy's Web site,
which I believe is something like siterrific.com/jimmymazzy. Any place
where he's playing is OKOM of the best kind, for sure.

--Dick Miller