[Dixielandjazz] Jazz in Church

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Thu Mar 31 22:09:36 PST 2005

Hey, Listmates—

The recent touching Jazz in Church message from Dave Stoddard reminded
me of a different jazz in church program that I'd like to share with
you. In  March we had a concert at the Unitarian Universalist
Fellowship in Montgomery, Ala., by Rev. Steve Crump, the UU Minster in
Baton Rouge, La. He’s a first-rate jazz vocalist. Steve sang jazz
standards with a local quartet and had backup tapes for songs from his
excellent CD of originals, Relationship Jazz. He doesn’t deal in
well-worn pieties but explores different kinds and shades of
relationships. Nice stuff. Steve does jazz services as well as
concerts. You can check out his website at hear samples at
http://www.relationshipjazz.com/

Charlie Suhor