[Dixielandjazz] acoustics

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Wed Mar 30 07:23:35 PST 2005

Interesting....the comments so far about my posting concerning acoustics,
although the suggestion that the drummer go in the middle is a no-no since
that's they way they want to set up!  Also, my stating to the pianist that
he have some drums in his monitor mix is met with resistance, so....what I
would really like to hear is something from the math guys out there.

Can someone put it into plain English what the pianist might suffer in delay
when hearing the drummer from a distance of, say, 6 yards...taking into
account normal stage height in a theater set up for plays (floating scenery
above the stage).  That way, I might be able to argue my point.

Democracy in a band can be a drag sometimes!  It would be easier if I could
just be General Franco for a day!!!

Jim