[Dixielandjazz] Happy Birthday to Paul Edgerton

Edgerton, Paul A paul.edgerton at eds.com
Mon Mar 28 13:51:14 PST 2005

> He looks terrific for a 55-year-old.  It's a shame he's only 50.

That's funny, I don't feel a day over 47!

One of the hallmarks of advancing age is denial. Rather than that, I'll
offer this list of noted (or notorious) people sharing my birthday:

1874 - Robert Frost
1911 - Tennessee Williams
1913 - Paul Erdös
1914 - Gen. William Westmoreland
1923 - Bob Elliott
1925 - Pierre Boulez
1930 - Sandra Day O'Connor
1931 - Leonard Nimoy
1942 - Erica Jong
1943 - Bob Woodward
1944 - Diana Ross
1950 - Martin Short
1960 - Jennifer Grey, Marcus Allen (the athelete -- not the pianist)

Just so that I'm not accused of including only Happy Talk, the following
people died on my birthday:

1827 - Ludwig van Beethoven
1892 - Walt Whitman
1902 - Cecil Rhodes
1920 - William Chester Minor
1923 - Sarah Bernhardt (the French actress --  not the Letterman habitué)
1929 - Katharine Lee Bates
1933 - Eddie Lang
1959 - Raymond Chandler
1973 - Noel Coward
1990 - Halston
1996 - David Packard
2000 - Alex Comfort
2003 - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I'm sure that I have no connection with anyone mentioned above other than
the accident -- make that COINCIDENCE -- of my birth.

-- Paul