[Dixielandjazz] SOME classical musicians

Bill Biffle bbiffle at brgcc.com
Sun Mar 27 18:11:23 PST 2005

A thousand years ago when I was a trumpet major at North Texas State
University, there were two, very definite parts of the instrumental music
school - jazz and "legit".  The terms were used by everyone and everyone
knew what they meant, but I had the definite impression that everyone
thought the legit players were inferior to the jazz players.  They had to
have music to be able to play.

For the record, I was in the legit department in those days.  But not any
more!  :-)}

Bill Biffle
Duke City Jazz Band
Albuquerque, New Mexico USA