[Dixielandjazz] FW: Pete Fountain

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Mar 26 23:55:33 PST 2005

> Can someone gives me the recording date(s) for Pete Fountain's 2CD "Do You
> Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans" on GRP 26582

Dear Hans,
I am surprised that the information is not included in the CD booklet.
The sides were recorded between 1959 and 1965 for Coral (a Decca
subsidiary).
The reissue 2CD set was issued on 4/9/1996. Which means that it could be
either April or Sept, depending on where you live!
Herewith a compilation of what I have:
(All recorded in Los Angeles unless noted.)

[DJML Note: The rest of the information is very long and has been included
in a separate email sent to Hans. If anyone wants a copy I will sent it off
list.]

The following personnel given for the CDs is by no means exclusive.
But please do not ask me for the complete details.
I will, but only IF it is very important, as it will be very time-consuming
for me.
Pete Fountain  Clarinet; Charlie Teagarden  Trumpet;
Godfrey Hirsch  Vibraphone; Merle Koch  Piano; Stan Wrightsman  Piano; Don
Bagley  Bass; Morty Corb  Bass; Jack Sperling  Drums

Kind regards,
Bill.