[Dixielandjazz] Redhotjazz browsing page.

Craig I. Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Fri Mar 25 23:32:57 PST 2005

I've cleaned up the code quite a bit and removed most of the bugs and annoyances that were in the trial version. I'm considering knocking off the leading apostrophe in titles so that when you search
for 'Tain't nobody's Bizness' etc. at least they'll all be sorted to the same latter, though a bit
scattered as I won't remove the second apostrophe. Some folks use it some don't.
Same issue with 'Twas and 'Sippi. (I know I probably fail in orthographic correctness, but
I hate looking in 2 places for a song and I can't force redhotjazz nor the record companies
to be consistent..)

Haven't done it yet tho. If and when I do, the choice for songs starting with an apostrophe
(single quote) will simply disappear from the list. I'd like to have some experience with
the code changes I've already made before I change more. (There are still a couple of things
to do as there are (a very few) songs that are simply dropping out of my retrieval. Don't know why yet.

As I've noted on the web page. I am ONLY listing the songs for which there are audio files
on RHJ. if you want just discographic info and don't care about an audio file, use the search
function on my site.

Craig