[Dixielandjazz] Music Sales Rise in USA

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 23 11:50:51 PST 2005

 LARRY'S Signs and Large Format Printing at sign.guy at charter.net wrote:

> Do you suppose that this is the result of the crackdown on copyright
> infringement over the internet?
> Larry

Personally, no, I do not. I think it is just the market stabilizing. No
basis for that opinion other than gut feel. I hope to see what kind of CDs,
etc., sold during 2004 in the not too distant future.

As I see it, file sharing is the only way "new" music gets heard since the
majors really don't attempt to seriously present emerging artists, niche
markets, etc. The A & R folks don't go after "talent" until it has already
become established at the club scene, or by word of mouth, or by file
sharing, etc. The Indie producers are way ahead on the new music scene.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone