[Dixielandjazz] Lucky Break - Boyd Senter

Craig I. Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Tue Mar 22 16:30:26 PST 2005

Anderson has a chart of this song "Lucky Break" by Boyd Senter arranged by Mel Stizel.
So far I have located 2 sources for the original arrangement (Library of Congress and San Jose
Library), but I have not found reference to any recordings of this song. Does anyone have
a discography where this song is listed by someone? Who?

I'm trying to figure out what the tempo should be. I don't always take the original
recording "race for the exit" tempo, but it's usually my starting point.

The tune is loaded with breaks on some rather unusual (for trad or early swing) chord sequences.
Not great, but could be interesing.

Regards,
Craig