[Dixielandjazz] Saturday and Sunday F2F

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Mon Mar 21 20:20:23 PST 2005

In a message dated 3/21/05 6:54:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
cellblk7 at comcast.net writes:

> Hi Listmates..
> THREE members of the DJML are playing this weekend in San Francisco with the
> World Famous "St. Gabriel's Celestial Brass Band", a Saturday night gig, and
> a parade on Saturday......

Almost but not quite :  BOB:

The Parade is on Sunday at 2:00 p.m.  on Union Street between Gough and
Steiner
We are looking to turn this event into something tastefully spectacular for
San Francisco, which is our style.  This will be the Official Second Line Jazz
Funeral for Jesus, since they did not have Second line funerals back then.
But I have the feeling he would have had one if he could have.  Any guy that
could and would turn Water into Wine is my kind of guy and I would be honored to
play his funeral. :))

Cheers,

Rev. Tom - Bob

  Lineup so far is:

 David Hardiman, Sr.     Trumpet
 David Hardiman, Jr.      Trumpet
(David Hardiman, Sr. (just retired as Prof. of Trumpet at S.F. City
College...  David also leads the IAJE Big Dance Band at the annual conference...he AND
his son are BOTH awesome!)  Jr. Just took his position at S.F. City College.
Here's his Webpage
http://www.ccsf.edu/Departments/Music/teachers/dhardiman.html

Deacon Romans          Dbl Bell Euph. (That would be ME!) DJML Webpage
http://www.cellblockseven2002.net/

Sonny Fairley              Sop/Alto Sax   Sonny has Two Solo CDs on the
market and runs one of our Jazz for Kids programs.

James Nelson              Bari Sax

Dave Richoux              Sousaphone -DJML Webpage
http://www.kfjc.org/programming/djs/dave.richoux.php

Dave has a standing invitation to play with us whenever he has a date
available. A great player with a real feel and understanding of the music and how we
try to present it.

Miguel Hernandez        V. Trombone   Featured Trombonist with Conjunto
Alegre when not touring with St. Gabriel's    A great Authentic Puetro Rican
Orchestra.
http://www.ConjuntoAlegra.com

Charles Hamilton          Trombone   ?   Head of Music Department Berkeley
High School.
if not  Kraig Kilby fills in for him from Etta James Touring Band.

 Dwight "Lightnin' " McQueen       Snare   "The Black Buddy Rich"
he actually played with Buddy head to head on  a TV Show with Buddy's Band.

Tom  "Backbeat" Wiggins        B. Drum/Snare/ percussionist/Briefcase
DJML

James  "Warbeat"  Levi          Snare   of the Headhunters Fame and Herbie
Hancock one of the finest drummers to ever escape New Orleans.

Now that's the guys who will be in uniform, who knows who else will show up
and wanna play, :))

Keep watching as Saturday approaches, we might be 25 pieces by then.

I have already spent ALL the money for the gig guys on the regular players,
but any of you horn players in the area that can play funky New Orleans style
and wanna show up and play in the second line with us, contact me off list.
This is not A free gig GUYS, YOU JUST MIGHT BE PLAYING FOR YOUR PLACE IN THE BIG
BAND IN THE SKY.  :))

I very rarely do this but this could be a lot of fun and should have good
Television coverage in San Francisco, so why not make it our party and Jesus'
finest Parade.  It's been a long time coming and who knows it could be a real
Religious experience for all of us.

P.S. If he comes back Sunday I sure hope he will do that Water into Wine
thing again, and if he does I 'm buying' for the house.  :))

His Marketing Servant Rev. Tom -Bob.