[Dixielandjazz] Black and Blue lyrics

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Mon Mar 21 02:05:38 PST 2005

 EDWIN COLTRIN writes:

 > My mind goes back to lady singing the lyrics to a song and the part that
comes to mind, is the verse that comments " it don't make no difference
after dark" . Noted singer that bridged the twenties into the fifties or
later. Name escapes me at present. Somebody correct me.

Bob Ringwald answers:

This is not necessarily a correction as we may be thinking of 2 different
tunes.

However, in KO Eckland's "Sundown Mama", there is a line that says:

"But she'll remark, in the dark, it don't mean much anyway."

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
Placerville, CA USA