[Dixielandjazz] LA Area Jazz Meet 3/20/05

Gene & Betty Lynch bettylynch at verizon.net
Fri Mar 18 16:53:24 PST 2005

This Sunday (3/20) Jazz Forum meets 1 to 5 PM at the Moose Lodge, 1600 Ocean Park Blvd., Santa Monica, CA.  The feature is the Richard Simon Trio with the wonderful trombonist and multi-instrumentalist Dan Barrett.  Richard is not only a great bassist;  he heads up "Jazz America", teaching a younger generation how to play our music.  He is a reprehensible punster too, but we'll have to put up with that {:-).

Other sets are for our excellent sit-in musicians.   Admission $8, members $6,  performing musicians free. There is dancing and a full bar with reasonable drink prices and food is available.  Call (818) 343 0398 or (310) 477 9955 for more info.

Gene & Betty Lynch
Redondo Beach, CA