[Dixielandjazz] Musician's One Liners

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Thu Mar 17 21:22:22 PST 2005

One-liners taken from the Hollywood trombonist Lloyd Ulyate:

If it feels good I'm Late.

When I was younger, I could see the notes but I couldn't play them - now
that I am older, I can play them but I can't see them.

One of the biggest regrets is that when I had hair, I wasted it on a crew
cut!

Once, I went to the barber shop to get a haircut, but the barber advised
against it!

If the bells of the French horns faced to the front, there sure would be a
lot more humility in their section!

I'm playing better than I ever have; it just doesn't sound as good.