[Dixielandjazz] Jazz & Poetry (not quite OKOM)

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Thu Mar 17 16:05:56 PST 2005

While that is GREAT poetry, one of the more successful "Jazz Poets" was
Kenneth Patchen - he did at least 2 recordings with jazz backing
"Kenneth Patchen Reads with the Chamber Jazz Sextext" and a recording
with a Canadian jazz group. Some have been re-issued on CD.

And there was the "Word Jazz" of Ken Nordine - not quite poetry, but
what was it?  http://www.wordjazz.com/  I think he is still with us...

and why are they both named Ken?

Dave Richoux