[Dixielandjazz] Re: Darktown Strutters Ball

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sun Mar 13 22:11:44 PST 2005

>  We can't take into account every possible offense that might be taken to every song, but it doesn't cost a penny NOT to play a song like "Darktown" that's known to be offensive to some Black audiences.

The answer has always been clear:  revise!  The song in question is in
no way damaged by merely replacing "dark" with something else.  Now,
"Shine" I could understand; but a song about a party?  Come on!,
--
Etc,

Fr M J "Mike" Logsdon
Special Assistant to the Presiding Archbishop
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
www.naorc.org