[Dixielandjazz] More on banjo's

Craig I. Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Sat Mar 5 12:48:56 PST 2005

Why would I have to go to a five string to get a single note picking solo?
I've heard a number of 4-string banjo players do it. And wouldn't a plectrum
(4 string) be the same thing as picking a 5 ignoring the drone string?

(Not putting down 5-string, I love 'em, but the comment just didn't sound
right)

Craig