[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland Youth Band Festival - CONTRTIBUTIONS FOR?

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 4 19:52:35 PST 2005

on 3/4/05 4:48 PM, Russ Guarino at russg at redshift.com wrote:

> This is what makes me believe that the Right Coast has more money available
> for
> the arts and supports the arts more than the Left Coast.  Here in California
> the
> school districts can barley cover costs and are constantly trying to cut music
> programs as well as libraries and some sports.

FROM BAMS, BROOKLYN;

NAH, NOT SO. YOU LEFTIES JUST DON'T MAKE THE EFFORT TO FIND OUT HOW TO GET
JAZZ FUNDING. THERE ARE MANY WAYS. LIKE WHO PAYS FOR THOSE HS BANDS TO MARCH
IN THE ROSE BOWL? KIDS AT CAR WASHES, PARENTS, PTA'S ETC.

AND HOW THEN, WILL THOSE BANDS SPEND $100 + TRAVEL TO PLAY AT STJS FESTIVAL?

CHEERS,
PIPA