[Dixielandjazz] The queen

Arnold Day arnieday at optonline.net
Fri Mar 4 16:23:25 PST 2005

Both are American citizens and Uncle Sam frowns on its citizens being
given a "title" by some "Foreign Power or Potentate", as I think they
call them. Honorary titles are allowed, but only with the approval of
the US Government, and that approval seems to be given only for
certain  political figures. Having said that, I have no idea whether the
present British Government has recommended either of these two worthy
persons for such honor.