[Dixielandjazz] Queen (was Re: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 27, Issue 7)

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Fri Mar 4 13:42:38 PST 2005

On Mar 4, 2005, at 12:27 PM, John Pembery wrote:

> The Queen is a great mimic with a sense of humour, and impersonates
> various
> people she has encountered for the benefit of her close family. I wouls
> guess that the "And what do you do?" is a standard opening gambit, and
> she
> probably knew the four guitarists ,

(massive snip - please remember if you are on the digest version to
trip your post to delete unwanted automatic text and change the subject
line to something other than " Re: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 27, Issue
7")

On the topic, I think the number of UK rock n rollers that have been
Knighted by QE2 is pretty large, and I guess that it is part of a
queen's job to remember who she has honored, right? (Like she has so
much else to do!  ;-)

Dave Richoux