[Dixielandjazz] OKOM in California--why?

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Tue Mar 1 17:17:40 PST 2005

russg at redshift.com writes:

> >From my reading of SBarbone's posts, it appears there is a lot more going
> on in the East Coast than California.  At least on a private gig basis.  We
> do have quite a few clubs, but they are kind of stretching to keep going,
> at least based on what I read.
>
> Russ Guarino
>
> Charles

Hi Russ & Charles:

We must remember however that about 80% of the world's population lives east
of the Mississippi River. :))   That's a pretty big economic base to work
within, from a sheer numbers game.

In my opinion we have too many fragmented organizations out west all trying
to survive with small numbers and pockets of members, and nobody seems to be
doing anything on a grand scale except for the once a year Jubilee in
Sacramento.

Just my opinion however from observation.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins