[Dixielandjazz] STJS Summer Camp for Adults

Pam Munter pam at pammunter.com
Tue Jun 28 16:52:35 PDT 2005

I heartily concur with Bob's review of the jazz camp.  I went after I
had been playing just 8 months and was assigned to Band One.  By year
three, I had made it to Band Ten.  I'm not bragging here - merely
saying that most everything I learned about playing Dixieland I
learned at the Adult Camp.  The small faculty-student ratio means you
get all the attention you want.  You get to be in your own band, play
every night for an audience, and get instruction in theory and
improvisation.  For those who are new to OKOM, it's a great
introduction.  But it's a wonderful, almost inspiring experience for
players of any level.  The camp is total immersion in Dixieland jazz.
Heaven!

-Pam Munter