[Dixielandjazz] Clarinet barrel

LARRY'S Signs and Large Format Printing sign.guy at charter.net
Tue Jun 28 11:03:51 PDT 2005

I tried one of the Bradleys and as I recall it was the one that screws in
and out.  I found that it wiggled as I played.  I tried a click barrel and
found that to be OK.  They make two of them.  One is a cheap plastic affair
and the other is a cheap plastic affair with metal locking rings that locks
in place better.

My clarinet is a Selmer 10G and is ageing.  The bore was large when I got it
causing it to be flat.  I used the click barrel all the way in most of the
time so I finally said heck with it and had an extra barrel cut down which
cost me $15.

Some players are very picky about the bore size of the barrel and with a
large bore horn the original barrel seemed to play better and sound a little
bit better being matched up to the horn.
Larry - St. Louis