[Dixielandjazz] Down & Out Jazz Musicians

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 27 13:04:37 PDT 2005

Sorry about not changing the subject header. Here it is again with the
correct subject.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

Joe Hopkins, acjspres at aol.com asked

> Does anyone on this list have information regarding care/assistance for
> elderly/disabled musicians. I seem to remember that there was an effort in New
> York to provide such assistance.
>
> Joe  Hopkins

Yes, Joe. I posted it a while ago. See below website for JFA's programs of
assistance to down and out Jazz Musicians. It is a worthy cause.

http://www.jazzfoundation.org/

JFA operates the Jazz Musicians' Emergency Fund (JMEF). This fund assists
struggling jazz artists, many of whom are getting older or sick, with
medical, financial, and career development needs. They are masters in their
fields, but without help, many would be homeless or unable to work. And that
is a tragedy indeed. After all, they are the magicians who make the magic we
call jazz.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone