[Dixielandjazz] When Salsa Meets Jazz

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Mon Jun 27 11:41:02 PDT 2005

Saint Gabriel's Celestial Brass Band has four Drummers that cut it
about as Hot as it can be cut, :))

We use the song for encores at almost every Festival, sometimes we use
it to Second Line out of a Festival to tremendous audience esponse all
over the world.    It never fails to get us a standing ovation as the
last song of a concert either.

The tune Begs for a heavy Funky Street Beat, if you can't do it that
way for God's sake don't make it sound like a Dixieland Waltz.
If your group is a hardcore 2 beat banjo centered band don't even try
it. :))   You will only Frustrate yourself and Annoy the audience.

Thank you "Sonny Rollins".

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins
Saint Gabriel's