[Dixielandjazz] "With Billie" reviewed

Robert Thompson rvthompson at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 26 19:49:25 PDT 2005

"Amen" to what Stan said this morning--all of it.

Bert Thompson

- - - - - Original  Message - - - - -

Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 07:32:17 -0700
From: "Stan Brager" <sbrager at socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] "With Billie" reviewed
To: "Bill Haesler" <bhaesler at bigpond.net.au>,	"dixieland jazz
mail
	list" <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>

On the contrary, Bill, the except from "With Billie" was in good taste
and
respectful of the memory of Billie Holiday as well as passing the message
that "With Billie" will be as honest a portrait as can be made of Billie
or
anyone and has spurred me on to ordering the book. As to your comment
regarding the picture which some members of this list portray seems to be an
accurate assessment. While I expect lively discussions about the merits of
this musician or that one or this piece of music or that one, this forum is
NOT the appropriate one for political or religious beliefs.

Stan
Stan Brager

rvthompson at earthlink.net