[Dixielandjazz] In defense of Glen Miller (Was ITM Sax Solos)

charliew8fim at verizon.net charliew8fim at verizon.net
Sat Jun 25 19:17:00 PDT 2005

Hi Listmates:  I've followed this thread re Beneke and Klink and ITM, (possibly one of the worst tunes written witht the possible exception of "Sentimental Journey")  AS I recall any guy with a stack of Miller 78's had a guaranteed 'chick magnet'.   But that aside, the band had some great swinging sides, i.e. "Long Tall Mama" (VI 27943) with Zeke Zarchey on tp.  And for great ballad solos, try "From One Love to Another" (BB B11287)and listen for Hackett in the intro that will stand the hairs on your neck.  Regards,  Charlie (does this jeopardize my lurking status) Coleman