[Dixielandjazz] Getting tired of popular songs

LARRY'S Signs and Large Format Printing sign.guy at charter.net
Fri Jun 24 13:29:46 PDT 2005

Sounds like you have things going in the right way.  There was a guy when I
was in high school that did more or less the same thing.  He had a music
school and played a lot of gigs and used his students.  He got a lot of
criticism from people because he paid his musicians almost nothing.  He
pulled it off because he was a piano player and if things fell apart he
could always take a long solo.  His bands were pretty bad also for the most
part.

You can't have a street band here because of city ordinances.  The laws vary
(we have 150 municipalities in the county) but you generally need to get a
permit - then of course you can't make any money then.  These ordinances
cleared out all the street beggars but got rid of the street musicians too.

You sound like you have an overall plan and you have already thought a lot
about depth.  Most businesses start off slow so I wouldn't worry about that.
If you have a quality fun product you will do well.
Larry