[Dixielandjazz] Re: La Petite Fleur

glen page gpage at dccnet.com
Wed Jun 22 16:48:12 PDT 2005

I just accessed the site that "The Master", Bill Haesler referred us to.

As is his habit Bill would not say anything to hurt a person. His comment
that the rendition is "simple and effective" is to my reading 50% on, simple
it is, but I doubt that Sydney would have called effective.

Sir Bill, you are sometimes too nice,there are other renditions that have
more thrust and presence than this one.

I have thought from time to time that this tune owes a lot to " The nearness
of you". Would anybody care to comment on this?

Cheers, Glen.