[Dixielandjazz] "Just The Way You Are" 'If it gets off the groun' ....'

Ric Giorgi ricgiorgi at sympatico.ca
Wed Jun 22 02:44:54 PDT 2005

Part of what paid for my university education was having the great privilege
of playing with a fantastic pianist in London Ontario (yes the home of the
Lombardo's), John Nubarian. That guy could swing anything! We did "Just the
Way You Are" and "Fire and Rain" was another he was amazing with and this
was when those were brand new tunes.

To me, it really boils down to that Satchmo quote about 'if it gets / if it
don' get off the ground.... it don't matter what you're playing'

[snipped]