[Dixielandjazz] The Misuse of Tunes for OKOM and Swing

Mike Marois Mike.Marois at HireLIVEMusic.com
Mon Jun 20 16:42:10 PDT 2005

Good Evening All;

I'm all for the Dixie-fying of newer tunes but this afternoon I heard this
concept gone afoul.  I was listening to Sirius Radio 75 (Standard Time) and
I heard Paul Anka's rendition of Van Halen's "Jump".  I give it an "A" for
originality but a far lower grade for execution.  There really needs to be
some ground rules for taking Heavy Metal Tunes and trying to make them
"Swing".

Mike (I'm always looking for a different closer then "The Saints") Marois

tuba/computer guru

http://www.theDukesofDixieland.com <http://www.thedukesofdixieland.com/>

http://www.theREALDukes.com <http://www.therealdukes.com/>

http://www.HireLIVEMusic.com <http://www.hirelivemusic.com/>