[Dixielandjazz] so "not-Jazz"

Don jdrobertson at att.net
Fri Jun 17 08:39:31 PDT 2005

I just bought the double CD of Guy Lombardo mentioned by Bill H. in Oz.
It does indeed include the Chicken Song, which I had never heard.  The
reason I got the CD was for St. Louis Blues, which I remembered from
playing my parents' 78.  What I remembered was Carmen Lombardo playing I
guess alto sax and holding one note seemingly forever with the rest of
the band shouting "hold it" and finally one calm voice saying "don't
stop now Carmen".  It does have a few "jazz" tunes such as San, Five
Foot Two, Dardanella, Waitin' for the Robert E Lee etc.  It also has
"I'm My Own Grandpa"

Don Robertson
Napa, CA