[Dixielandjazz] STJS Adult Jazz Camp

Williams, Bob robert.c.williams at eds.com
Wed Jun 15 09:54:11 PDT 2005

There is an adult camp run by the Sac Jazz Society, you know, which
occurs directly after the youth camp in August, and using the same high
caliber instructors.  Website is http://sacjazz.org/camp.

You can contact Bill Dendle (email addy on the website) for more
information.

Generally speaking, the jazz society underwrites the youth camp, and as
far as I'm concerned, that's the main justification for its "non-profit"
status.  Many scholarships are available and funded from many sources,
including raffles at our monthly meetings, and endowments from patrons.
In fact, for more information about this, see
http://sacjazz.org/foundation/.

The adult camp is provided as a service by the STJS and is expected to
pay for itself.  But you ought to contact Mr. Dendle for more
information.  He has a lot more information than I do.  Maybe he can
work something out with you.

Bob Williams
Trombonist Extraordinaire and
The Worlds's Most Modest Man