[Dixielandjazz] Do kids respond to Jazz

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Tue Jun 14 14:43:07 PDT 2005

Hi folks:

Here is a note from a very happy lady who brought her grandkids to the
Sacramento Jubilee this year and stopped in to catch one of our shows in a non-
jubilee venue.

Dear Zorina London & Saint Gabriel's Celestial Brass Band.

I took my two granddaughters to the Sacramento Jazz Jubilee.  We followed
Saint Gabriel's Celestial Brass Band to an upstairs room where we were "BLOWN
AWAY by the show with the Beautiful Zorina London."   She is mesmerizing.  She
was so gracious to invite my granddaughters up to the stage to sing with her.
We took the girls to inspire them in playing Jazz music.  The oldest plays
clarinet in the honor band.  We all absolutely loved Zorina and your music.
Please keep us informed of your tour schedule and upcoming dates.

We really loved the way the band got all ages of people dancing in the
streets and following them with IKO IKO.  Thanks so much for sharing your talents.
Penny S.

Second note today:
I just wanted to thank you again for making a difference in my grandchild's
life.  She came home from the Jazz Jubilee higher than a kite!  She sang "Oh
Happy Day" all the way home, then practiced her clarinet until 1:00 a.m.  I
think she may have been there during one of the Sunday Gospel shows we did.

Thank you for your kindness and your special thoughtfulness to those of us in
the audience, your show is an inspiration and one we certainly will never
forget.

Please let me know where I can purchase more of you CDs.

Ms. Penny S.  a very happy Grandmother.

Zorina invited her two granddaughters to the stage during one of the shows to
sing with her, and they were actually pretty good singers too.  She enclosed
a mini movie that she made of the show for Zorina.

So yes indeed, if presented professionally and by professional artists kids
do indeed respond and readily embrace Jazz

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins
Saint Gabriel's Celestial Brass Band
Kids of all ages love OKOM if you just play it correctly and excite them.