[Dixielandjazz] Trad (?) Bands

Charlie Hooks charliehooks2 at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 14 08:21:43 PDT 2005

Actually, I just want to say:

Any venue that refuses a Mike Vax band is too idiotic to be
considered!   Mike does not play bad stuff.  He will not allow bad
stuff to be played in his presence.  I've known him for thirty years,
and he never has, never will.

Just needed to throw that in!

Charlie Hooks

On Monday, June 13, 2005, at 07:35 PM, Vaxtrpts at aol.com wrote:

> Actually, I wasn't talking about anything to do with Cajun or Zydeco
> at  all.
>  There are a lot of other bands, like mine for example,  that many
> of you
> have never gone to hear.  While we are not two-beat  trad, we do
> play almost the
> same repertoire.  I can think of lots of other  bands too.  But
> then, because
> we are not "trad" enough, we don't get  invited to that many
> festivals either.
> Mike Vax

"Part of the facts is understanding we have a problem, and part of
the facts is what you're going to do about it."—Geo. W. Bush at
Kirtland, Ohio, April 15, 2005