[Dixielandjazz] Catch-up - a smorgasbord

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Sun Jun 12 12:01:46 PDT 2005

On Jun 11, 2005, at 11:26 PM, Anton Crouch wrote:

> Hello all
>
> ...New Orleans Revival: Charlie Suhor's post is a ripper. Why, indeed,
> do the
> 40s revivalists not sound like the Olivers and Mortons of the 20s?
> There's
> a book in this subject. How about it Charlie?

Thanks for asking, Anton. I refer to my often book often because it's
my frame of reference but sometimes don't because it looks like
gratuitous "plugging." You're right, the DJML entry on the revival in
N.O. was a paraphrase of parts of Section 2, "Revivals Beaucoup," pp.
101-159 of Jazz in New Orleans: The Postwar Years Through 1970. Since
you mention it, another plug--go  to
www.scarecrowpress.com/Catalog/Reviews.shtml?command=Search&db=^DB/
CATALOG.db&eqSKUdata=0810839075
for snippets of reviews (the ones the publisher wants you see).

Charlie Suhor